Welcome to the Canton Intermediate School (CIS) website!
CIS, serving approximately 400 students in grades 4 through 6, has a proud tradition and reputation of being a school with high standards in academic preparation and of being a school devoted to a child's well-being. The pride in our school, the work ethic of the school community, and the commitment to continuously improve the school on behalf of each and every student are noticeably present in the building each and every day.
The Canton Intermediate School Community:
- Develops the whole individual
- Fosters mutual respect, support and tolerance
- Challenges and nurtures students to become enthusiastic, lifelong learners for a rapidly changing world
- Develop student skills and knowledge to the maximum potential.
- Assist students to recognize the components, value and practice of leading a healthy life style.
- Create an awareness of the importance of community and community service.
- Create a school culture that accepts responsibility for actions and recognizes how actions affect others.