It is time once again to invite you to come to the school to confer with teachers. We recognize the sacrifice of work and personal time required of you to participate in conferences, but every study on this subject identifies parent-teacher interaction as a major element in student success, so your time will be well spent. The CHS teachers are looking forward to meeting with you.
Parent conferences will be held on three days: Tuesday, March 13th; Wednesday, March 14th; and Thursday, March 15th from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. In addition, evening conferences will be held on Wednesday, March 14th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Eight minutes have been allotted for each conference.
Scheduling for the upcoming conferences will be done on the Internet site “Pick-a-Time”.
All you need is a computer with Internet access, and your student’s ID number, which was sent out via email on February 26th. The website is very user friendly; but for your easy use, directions are printed below.
The website is available to you 24 hours a day, from anywhere, both for your initial scheduling and to make changes if necessary. Please note that the website will close at 11:00 pm on March 12th to allow teachers to prepare for their scheduled individual meetings. You can also print a copy of your full schedule, as well as set a date and time for an email reminder to be sent to you.
The website for scheduling conferences will open on Saturday, February 24th at midnight. However, if you do not have accessibility to the Internet, you may call to schedule conferences through Donna Miscikoski in the school office. Office scheduling will begin Monday morning, February 26th. Please have this letter handy when you call.
Andrew DiPippo, Principal
Directions for Using Pick-a-Time
Go to the school’s or district’s webpage at www.cantonschools.org and click on “Pick-a-Time Conference Scheduling” to get to the Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler.
Or, click or type in this web address: https://pickatime.com/CHS-CMS/spring2018
When registering for the FIRST time:
- Enter your email address and push “Login/Create Account”.
- Fill in the required fields and register.
- For each child, enter a student ID and birthdate.
When signing in to an existing account:
If you’ve previously registered, all you need to do is enter your email and password. The system will know about your appointments and the children you have added to your account.
- Each colored square represents an available meeting time.The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color.(Note:you will not see all of the teachers at your school, just the set of teachers with whom your children have classes.)
- 2.Click on a square to book that time.
- 3.You will optionally have the choice of setting a time when you would like a reminder email delivered.
- Click “Create Appointment”.
- Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you’d like to visit.
- At any time you can click on “printable schedule” and print the resulting webpage to get a hard copy of your schedule.
- If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account.
- If you have more than one appointment, they will be hidden.Click on the blue circle to the left of your name at the top of the screen to show your appointments.There will be links to modify the time, or cancel the appointment.
- Please Note:If you would like to make an appointment with a teacher that your child does not have a class with, you will need to contact to the school.