Good afternoon CHS Senior Families!
Please make a note of the due dates for senior activities that we have noted below. Senior Picnic Permission slips are due on Wednesday!
The Senior Picnic will be held on May 27th. Parental permission slip for the senior picnic are to be signed and returned to class advisors Ms. Rich or Dr. Kidwell by May 25th.
The Senior Scholarship Awards Assembly will be on Wednesday, June 1 at 8:30 am in the auditorium. There will be a reception for seniors, parents, donors, and invited guests in the library immediately following the assembly. Students should dress neatly, including a tie for gentlemen and a dress for ladies receiving awards. Parents will be informed by May 23rd if their student is to receive an award.
The Senior Breakfast, which is an event sponsored by Canton area churches, will be held on Friday, June 3rd from 8 to 9 am at the First Congregational Church of Canton Center. All students are expected to ride the bus to and from the breakfast. In addition, permission slips are mandatory, and they must be returned to Mrs. Chellgren in the main office by Wednesday, June 1st. Although sponsored by local churches, this is not a religious event.
We wanted to share the exam schedule with you so that you and your student are able to plan your school year end. Exams are planned as follows:
Monday, June 6 (Note this is a full day of school, with an adjusted schedule)
7:35 – 9:35 Exam B
Tuesday, June 7 Thursday, June 9
7:45 – 9:45 - Exam A 7:45 – 9:45 - Exam G
10:00 – Noon - Exam C 10:00 – Noon - Exam H
Wednesday, June 8 Friday, June 10
7:45 – 9:45 - Exam D 7:45 – 9: 45 - Exam E
10:00 – Noon - Exam F 10:00 – Noon - Make-up Exams
Final Exemptions for Seniors: Seniors who have a 90 or better cumulative average in a course may choose not to take an exam. Seniors who think they qualify for an exemption should see their teacher.
Note that graduation rehearsals will be held on June 9th from 12:15 to 1:30, and on June 10th from 9:30 to 11 am. If a student has a make-up exam during this time, they MUST see Mr. DiPippo’s Administrative Assistant, Mrs. Chellgren, by June 1st. Please be respectful of your peers and be on time to rehearsal! Practice should last about an hour and will not begin until everyone is present. Caps and gowns will be given to seniors at rehearsal on June 9th. Students should make sure that they fit, , and gowns should be pressed neatly for graduation. See Ms. Rich or Dr. Kidwell as soon as possible should a problem arise.
Graduation is on June 10th at 6:30 pm SHARP! Report no later than 5:50 pm. Graduation will be held outdoors, weather permitting. If it is outdoors, there is no need for tickets. However, if graduation has to be held indoors, students will get 5-7 tickets due to limited seating in the gym.
- Ladies should wear slacks or dress or blouse and skirt.
- Gentlemen should wear slacks, a collared shirt, appropriate shoes and socks. NO SHORTS!
- Any senior inappropriate attired will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Immediately after the ceremony, students should return their cap and gown to their advisor in the area adjacent to the outdoor reception where they will be given a receipt.
- Since at the ceremony you will only receive your diploma cover, you will exchange your receipt for the actual diploma in the gym.
- Anyone with bills or fines outstanding will not receive the actual diploma. Diplomas will be held in the CHS office until fines are paid. All bills and fines must be paid by Friday, June 10 at 9 am. No fees will be accepted the night of graduation.
- All books and other materials must be returned by Thursday, June 9 at 2 pm. Lockers must be clean and empty also by Thursday, June 9 at 2 pm.
- An outdoor reception will immediately follow graduation.
The Substance Free Graduation Party will be held at Farmington Farms located on 94 Brickyard Road in Farmington. Invitations and information will be mailed home by May 20th. If you have not received one by May 20th, please contact Meredith Pickett at 860-693-1776 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Kris First at 860-693-8188 or email at email@example.com.
Permission slips/RSVP forms are due no later than Wednesday, June 1st. If a senior does not plan on attending the party the form must be signed and returned. Permission forms can be given to Mrs. Chellgren in the main office. All checks should be made payable to CABC SFGP.
Other Year-end and Graduation Information:
- Congratulate your CHS senior with balloons on your mailbox or front porch! Why not consider sending a balloon greeting in lieu of a traditional card! Check this out to find out how!
- How proud you will be on graduation day when your child’s name is read off and he or she takes that all important walk to accept their high school diploma! Nutmeg TV will be on hand to capture that video moment! If you are interested in a graduation DVD, please us this order form.
- Graduation Lawn Signs are still available! Contact Linda Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to commemorate our 2016 graduates by placing a sign in your yard! Signs will be sold in front of the school (weather permitting) before the Instrumental Music Concert on Wednesday.
- Online ordering for yearbooks is closed. You can still order a yearbook. Extra copies are first come, first serve. Send in cash or a check for $45 made out to CHS. Be sure the student name is identified. Send info to Mrs. Ruby’s Attention.
SAT/PSAT SCORES: March SAT Scores Are Available Now (previous PSAT scores too):
High schools no longer receive paper reports from College Board. You must access online.
Creating a College Board Account
Students need to create an account to access the recent SAT score report, as well as PSAT and AP scores.
1. Go to www.collegeboard.org
2. Click on "sign up"
3. Select "I am a student"
4. Provide contact info.
5. Create user name/password. DO NOT LOSE!! CHS does not have access!
6. Read/agree to Terms/Conditions.
For lost passwords, multiple account merging, call Customer Service at 866-756-7346
Mark Your Calendars!
May 24 Collaborative Tuesday; Students arrive by 8:20 am (Last one for year)
May 24 Free Football Safety Symposium - 7pm - Auditorium
May 25 CHS Bands March to the Senior Center
May 27 Early Release – Professional Development
May 27 Senior Picnic – High Meadow
May 30 Memorial Day – No School
May 30 CHS March in Memorial Day Parade – Combined Bands
June 1 Senior Scholarship Awards Ceremony
June 3 Senior Prom – Aquaturf
June 7 – 9 Early Release for CHS students per exam schedule
June 9 CHS Senior Citizen’s Cabaret at the Community Center –
Jazz Ensemble, Combo & Vocal
June 10 Last Day of CHS exams
June 10 CHS Graduation Ceremony
Have a wonderful weekend!
Drew DiPippo, Principal