If case you were not able to attend the 9th Grade Orientation Program that we offered on January 11th, we wanted post some important information that was presented that evening.
There were several basic premises that we wanted to share with both parents and students, and are as follows:
- We wanted to introduce you to some of the staff, and enlighten you as to what academic offerings are available here at CHS, and to also review graduation requirements.
- We also wanted to inform families of opportunities outside the classroom.
- And discuss next steps in the scheduling process.
Other topics such as the CHS Mission, Student Expectations, Clubs and Activities, Athletic offerings, Communication Plan, Security Plan, and other School Counseling Information were also discussed. Please feel free to view our presentation from the evening which will provide more detail.
NEXT STEPS FOR SCHEDULING CLASSES FOR 2016-17:
The week of Jan 11 - CHS Administration and teachers will meet with Grade 8 students to review the scheduling process
Ongoing after Jan 14 - Mrs. Brintle will have follow up sessions with small groups to answer questions and explain the scheduling process
By Jan 22 - CHS Administration will send home additional information and directions to electronically register for courses
- 2016 - 2017 Program of Studies is on CHS Website and linked here
- Grade 8 Teachers will make recommendations for their core academic courses
Jan 22 - Feb 1 - Students electronically register for courses
Jan 22 - Feb 1 - Students/parents have opportunity to override/waive recommendation
Feb 1 - Registration process closes
Note that August 23rd is Freshman Orientation/Chromebook informational session. More info to follow.
Please check this website and news article periodically for updated information for your incoming 9th grader!