The Canton High School Final Exam Schedule for grades 9 thru 11 and grade 12 has been finalized. Here is the link.
The senior information sheet including graduation rehearsal and ceremony information, student responsibilities senior breakfast and picnic permission slips and other announcements was emailed to senior families and students during the week of May 6th. We have pasted that same information below. Also note there is more information from Substance Free Grad Committee posted under the senior page of the CHS website.
Senior Scholarship Awards
- Thursday, June 6, 6:30 pm, in the auditorium; reception in the library immediately following the assembly for seniors, parents, donors and invited guests.
- Dress: Out of respect for the scholarship donors who have been invited, please dress neatly; a tie for gentlemen and a dress for ladies receiving awards would be appropriate.
- Parents will be informed by May 17 if their child is to receive an award.
The Canton area churches will sponsor a breakfast for the seniors on Friday, June 14 from 8:00 to 9:15 am at the First Congregational Church of Canton Center. All students are expected to ride the bus to and from the breakfast. In addition, permission slips are mandatory and must be returned to Mrs. Miscikoski in the main office by Wednesday, May 15. Although sponsored by the local churches, this is not a religious event.
Students must fulfill all of the following to receive their cap and gown:
- Senior exit survey in Naviance must be completed by end of day June 7th. All senior must complete the survey.
- All bills or fines owed to the school must be paid by Thursday, June 13 at noon! If not, your diploma will not be issued. No fines will be accepted the night of graduation.
- Lockers must be clean and empty by Thursday, June 13, 12:00 noon.
Graduation Rehearsals: Scheduled on 2 days
- Wednesday, June 12, 9:45 – 11:45 am
- Friday, June 14, 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Be respectful of your peers and be on time! Practice should last about one hour and will not start until everyone is present.
Please Note: Graduation will be held outdoors, weather permitting. If it is outdoors, there is no need for tickets. However, if graduation has to be held indoors, students will get 6 tickets due to limited seating in the gym.
- Friday, June 14, 6:30 pm. Sharp!! – Outside, weather permitting
- Report to the gym no later than 5:45 pm. Ladies should wear a dress or slacks/skirt with a blouse. Gentlemen should wear slacks, a collared shirt, appropriate shoes and socks. NO SHORTS! Any senior inappropriately attired will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Immediately after the ceremony, you should return your gown to your advisor in the area adjacent to the outdoor reception where you will be given a receipt. Since at the ceremony you will only receive your diploma cover, you will exchange your receipt for the actual diploma in the gym. Anyone with book fines or chromebooks outstanding will not receive the actual diploma. All books, chromebooks, and other materials must be returned by Thursday, June 13, noon.
- Diplomas will be held in the Canton High School office until fines are paid.
- Caps and gowns will be given to seniors at rehearsal on June 12. Be sure they fit when you receive them. Gowns should be pressed neatly for graduation. See Mrs. Hartley or Mrs. Principe as soon as possible if a problem should arise.
- Nutmeg TV will film graduation. If you wish to order a copy of the video, please complete the attached form with a check and mail them to Nutmeg TV. We need 20 paid pre-orders for Nutmeg TV to film graduation.
Substance Free Graduation Party
- Senior permission slips/RSVP forms are due no later than Wednesday, June 5. If a senior does not plan on attending the party the form must be signed and returned. Permission forms can be given to Ms. Miscikoski in the main office.
- NOTE – all checks for SFGP fundraisers should be made out to CABC-SFGP.