From the Principal
Dear CBPS Community,
February may be the shortest month of the year, but it really is the busiest month for us at CBPS! Even with the extra day this year (leap year!), we’ll have lots of exciting things happening that our school celebrates during these 18 school days. Here’s a quick overview….
- 100th Day Collection to support Canton Food Bank - Our school collects items to support those in need.
- Black History Month - All classes celebrate different cultures throughout the year and make connections to the importance of diversity and the importance of community. However, in February, we take a deeper look to help honor Black History month.
- I Wonder Night - Formerly ICER, students may choose to work on independent projects to improve the world through STEAM.
- Music in our School’s week - Parents are invited to their children’s music classes.
- Dental Health Awareness - Local dentist Dr. Matt Keefe will speak to all grade levels about strategies to keep our teeth, gums and mouth healthy as part of our extended health curriculum.
- Jump Rope for Heart - Students will learn how to jump rope, be fit and raise money for the American Heart Association.
We’ll also have some assemblies, a couple of spirit days, all school meetings, high five parties, all while maintaining all of our learning targets. We’re even extending the fun into early March with Read Across America Day on March 2! I’m optimistic that your kids will be coming home tired and sleeping well at night.
Please read the updates from your children’s teachers as they will have more specific details about these exciting times at CBPS along with our school weekly updates published each Thursday. You can also always access our school calendar.
Enjoy the rest of the week!